At top is a free 4 minute extended clip, but you can watch the full 64 minute commentary video of this session on Vimeo On Demand. Lots of fine details in this one . He is considered one of the best "Muay Sok" in Muay Thai history. #11 Karuhat Sor. Its a constant pressure style, focused on hemming in the opponent until cornered, and then he unleashes his systematic attack of elbows and knees like a game of Wack A Mole. 809 likes. He would then land a strike or throw them to the canvas. The period from -roughly- the early-1980s to mid-1990s is considered by many to be the Muay Thai golden era. You can also subscribe to the entire series, there are now over 28 hours of commentary training footage published: Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. #9 Metee jayde

","title-end":"<\/h2>","post-html":"

He won both Lumpinee and Rajadamnern championships at 118 lbs. When the occasion called for it, Langsuan was also not afraid to throw hands. But really a solid and explosive squeeze of your arms helps to crack open the grip rather than extending the pressure for an eventual release of the opponents grip. Jocky Gym. #2 Joe Hongthong Developing Muay Khao Style (87 min) watch it here. This is my second session with Yodwicha, you can see the first further down below. As good as he was as a fighter, hes a sublime, thoughtful teacher, and it is exactly for instructors like him that my long form video Library was created you have to see the training unfold. Therdkiat sittepitak, Samkor Kiatmontep Supawan. Nobody. #8 Sangtiennoi Sor Rungroj Advanced Clinch (52 min) watch it here. A perfect example of the overwhelming aggressive pressure of a Muay Sok and its brutal efficiency would be the bout in May 2022 on Thai fight between Saiyok Pumphanmuang Vs Jordan Watson which saw the Thai natives forward pressure overwhelm the British former world champion, leading to a gritty and drawn out pummelling over the course of 3 rounds. Youre going to peel toward that knee, so pick the side you wish to pull toward. Hippy was on my original list but it added up to 21. You can take privates from him at my gym Petchrungruang in Pattaya. Privacy Policy Some of his most notable victories include a 3-1 over Kaensak Sor Ploenjit in their four meets. inverse cdf of normal distribution. From Westerners Nathan "Carnage" Corbett. Veerapol Sahaphrom is a three-time Rajadamnern stadium champion with a strong Muay Mat style. He combines Muay Khao fighting with technical precision and explosive energy. He also shows me how to do this knee and elbow collaboration, like a game of Whack-a-Mole, throwing a knee when the head goes down and then slicing with an elbow when the head pops back up to protect from the knees. A contemporary of Samart and a giant of the sport, Dieselnoi literally towered over his peers during the golden era. By the late 90s, the Asian financial crisis crippled the regions economy with Thailand being one of the countries that was most badly hit. Chatchai Sasikul. Yodwich shared the Fighter of the Year award as only a 16 year old, and his success in the Lumpinee ring made him one of the most feared clinch fighters in Thailand. Anantasak Panyuthapum born as Suttisak Samaksaman ( ) in Mueang Surin . Wangchannoi holds an impressively high win rate of 267 victories in about 300 fight appearances. Sangtiennoi retired in 2000 with over 200 fights to his name. Khun, as he goes by, is very soft-spoken. Sagat Petchyindee. Chamuakpetchs teammate, Panomtuanlek Harpalang joins him on the list as another of the golden eras influential fighters. This is a really important clinch lock to counter in Thailand, as it is used often to seal a victory, stalling out rounds or to demonstrate physical dominance when ahead, or to nullify attacks. Ive already shot 30+ days with Karuhat, 23 of which have been published, and Ive shot 30 days with WBC World Champion Chatchai Sasakul (which will be published in time). Defends Rajadamnern Stadium 118 lbs title. Khun moves quickly, with a kind of looseness thats incredible, he locks the top of your head and you feel like a fish caught on a hook, and his face (which you wont see, but in video you can) is a perfect expression of his muscle memory of fighting. If your opponent grabs up high you cant get the correct leverage for the first break (the arm break), so the better option is more of a peel off, rather than a break of the grip. In Muay Thai, you'll see those handtraps over frames convert to elbows or knees to the body as Yodkhunpon Sittraiphum viciously demonstrates as he carves his man's face up into a crimson mask. The second version is ideal for a higher grip, under your armpits, (though sometimes it can work with a lower body lock). Namkabuan Nongkeepayhuyut. His reign and career ended prematurely when he was forced to retire due to lack of contest in his weight class. . He was an incredible fighter, simultaneously holding the 118 lb title at both Lumpinee and Rajadamnern, back in the Golden Age of Muay Thai. I can honestly say that it changed me as a fighter, inspiring to become more. Samart was rumored to have poor cardio due to having small lungs. Very often Yodkhunpon, or Khun as it is shortened (not the samekhun meaning you but with a rising tone that has a meaning of a title something like a knight), will call me over at the end of his sessions to help explain or demonstrate something, or most often just because he wants to work with me on something. Hes unlocking the keys to his style. Namphon met with an accident in 1993 and was forced to retire. 2x Golden Age Lumpinee Champion (112 lb and 122 lbs), Karuhat is considered elite among the elites. He made up for it with unsurpassed mastery of every weapon of Muay Thai, most notably his teep and amazing movement. It may take a few viewings to absorb what he is teaching. My favorite part is at 1:30 with a kick catch to spinning elbow and then lean back to. Join and Study from the Patreon Muay Thai Library suggested pledge $5 Perhaps the most appealing thing to me about Khuns knees over the lean-back knees are that found that Im far more on balance coming off of them than I am leaning back. 2022 - 10 - "" | Teep to face Muay Thai (Counted/K.O. There are also question of degree in lean back. Above is 15 minutes of our hour and 17 minute conference call discussing the first two chapters of the a new series of study articles examining the full-length sessions in the Intensives, written by James Poidog Yodkhunpon: The rent or buy this single hour long session here, Never Giving Ground | Episode 21 Karuhat Secrets of Style | 63 min, Yodkunpon Intensive Day 2: The Oceanic Tide of Thailand | poi-notes (72 min), Yodkhunpon Intensive Day 3 Like Oil on Water |, Karuhat Intensive Day 24 The Clairvoyant | poi-notes, Join Us For Mental Training Reading The Inner Game, Yodkunpon Intensive Day 2: The Oceanic Tide of Thailand |, Yodkhunpon Intensive Day 3 Like Oil on Water | poi notes (57 min), How to Stand Listening to the Music and Not the Words, Join Us For Mental Training Reading The Inner Game Chapters 1 & 2, That Gallop Episode 22 | Yodkhunpon Intensive Day 1 | 64 min, You Should Not Be Thinking | Episode 20 Karuhat Secrets of Style | 56 min, The Samson Isaan Pulse and Dictating Tempos | Diving Into the Library, As If Tethered | Episode 19 Karuhat Secrets of Style | 64 min, Karuhat Intensive Day 24 The Clairvoyant, Yodkunpon Intensive Day 2: The Oceanic Tide. Karriere. Affiliate Disclosure, Passionate Muay Thai fans flocked to the grand, Muay Thai was already growing as a national sport in the 60s and 70s. Thank you @p.k.saenchaimuaythaigym for letting me training with such a legend. He also shuns the traditional rocking chair knee, and instead teaches a powerful stand-in crossing, open-hipped knee that compliments his elbows up top. Hes amazing. #12 Andy Thomson Mad Scientist of Muay Thai (56 min) watch it here. Han slog Wanchalerm Aodoonmuang ved afgrelse i Lumpinee den 16. juli 2013 i det andet forsvar af sin letvgts titel. Thailand Travel You have way more control from start to finish. There is nobody like Dieselnoi. He isnt really part of the gym, so much as adjunct to it, part of a loose circle of Thais that orbit a Thai family gym. Kaensak fought out of the renowned Sor Ploenjit camp with 250 fights and over 200 wins. Ive heard from countless cornermen over my years, knees and elbows work together. They mean that I knee enough that I should be throwing elbows, too. Yodkhunpon Sittraiphum. The second is to counter attack immediately, learning to strike back. There he trained alongside Samson Isaan before going to Bangkok to fight. Even in the slow motion GIF above you cant really see how it works. Spending this hour with him lets you feel how much love and energy he pours into his Muay Thai, even at this age, the real secret to what make him dominant in the Golden Age of the sport. Photo Credits: Images in this article are taken from the book, 123 All-Time Greatest Muay Thai Fighters of Thailand. You can see this progression in the free video clip. In the GIF below you can see a super important part of his style, his footwork. Namkabuan may be the best fighter Ive ever seen, and it was an intense privledge to train with him. 266 wins, 15 losses, 2 draws. The slicing elbow was a signature technique of "The Elbow Hunter", Yodkhunpon Sittraiphum, a former Rajadamnern and Lumpinee Stadium champion. Here is a Playlist of Yodkhunpons fights: As Ive written above, this 5 minute video is part of a 37 minute video for my Patreon supporters. Join and support the Muay Thai Library Preserve The Legacy project to join, support & study. This one really gets into the specifics of clinch technique and defense. FCK supports the continuous expansion of this program at Colosseum Gym in hope that it will inspire others to . As a Muay Thai fighter, Samson won the Lumpinee Bantamweight title in 91 and the Rajadamnern Junior Bantamweight title in 92. In a conversation, there are longish pauses when hes considering his answer or what he wants to ask next. Their weaknesses and strengths are meshed together with a family of attacks and defenses. For him, the lean back is putting your head precisely in his striking range with the chin tending to pop up. The Muay Sok style is one of the most exciting forms of Muay Thai to grace the arenas of Thailand throughout the years with legends like Yodkhunpon Sittraipum Sak Kaoponlek leading the charge. . All great fighters for sure. He has won the Lumpinee belt three times and was crowned Fighter of the Year in 1994. As soon as you feel the elbow on your forearm, you throw back. His footwork is flawless as he moves through empty space, but he moves through you when hes striking. But the right location of pressure and the arms just break open. Head to head in his prime, yodkhunpon would mop the floor with muangthai. There are far fewer people in Thailand turning to Muay Thai fighting as a career nowadays. You can then add in a good push of your hips backwards and your upper body putting downward pressure on your opponent. But I would put Chatchai on the list for sure. Yodkhunpon followed his team when to moved to establish an actual gym called Lukjaopomehsak. Pi Earn has been the trainer who has sculpted PTTs methodical Muay Khao fighting style, and in this session he starts right away making the tiny changes in my technique that are necessary for the strong, forward fighting approach that he favors. A really interesting elbows in the pocket teaching tool he uses can be seen in the GIF below. What we do. All time yodkhunpon sittraiprum ( aka, known as elbow hunter of 100 stiches) was well known back in golden ages for his ruthless elbows. The fighter Yodkhunpon might the most be like is Dieselnoi, in that he shares the same stalking, hemming tactics, and then the very violent, escalating tempo attack (with knees, instead of elbows). Namphon Nongkee Pahuyuth was a three-time Lumpinee stadium champion who fought at the highest level in the late-80s. Kontak : 0811 1234 6666. This session has been highly influential upon my own training. This is very subtle, advanced stuff, far above combo techniques or specific defenses. By the time he retired, Sagat attained a fight record of 266 wins in 317 fights 151 by way of knockout. The first one is an arm break. It kind of looks and works like magic. #6 Namkabuan Nongkipahuyut Explosive Attack (28 min) watch it here. Below is a selection of my Part 1 of my 2nd private with the ferocious Elbow Hunter of 100 Stitches Yodkhunpon Sittripum, who happens to be a next door neighbor to my gym. Its a different technique for a different approach, and Ive been taught the lean back from some very high level ex-fighters. Struggling against these locks just make them look all the more dominant. 266 wins, 15 losses, 2 draws. (He made a joke today about how if a Roi Et where hes from dern fighter is going backwards, its because hes stumbling. PTT is the rising star of my gym Petchrungruang. Fighting out of. Muay Thai trainer. 2x Golden Age Lumpinee Champion (112 lb and 122 lbs), Karuhat is considered elite among the elites. He lives right next to the gym and will conduct private training lessons some afternoons, usually with middle-aged western men, some of whom have been training with him during brief stays in the Kingdom for a decade. All things Muay Thai, news, upcoming events & general discussion. All things Muay Thai, news, upcoming events & general discussion. The gym is located next to a fishing pond surrounded by local Thai restaurants. In this session one of the greatest fighters who ever lived really digs into what must lie beneath techniques, a general state of relaxation and rhythm, the thing that made him one of the most dynamic fighters Lumpinee has ever seen. Even though he did not hold any of the belts from Lumpinee and Rajadamnern, there is no dispute about having Somluck Khamsing on this list. He was so sought after he turned down title fights at Lumpinee and Rajadamnern and instead signed with Thai Fight where promoters feel hes going to become an International star. An economic boom in Thailand in the 80s, triggered by an influx of foreign investments, welcomed the start of Muay Thais golden era. Namkabuan may be the best fighter Ive ever seen, and it was an intense privledge to train with him. I can only describe the things hes teaching here as: Be like sand. Jaroenthong fought almost every legend of this time (many on this list) before retiring with a record of 120 victories in 151 fights. Spending this hour with him lets you feel how much love and energy he pours into his Muay Thai, even at this age, the real secret to what make him dominant in the Golden Age of the sport. His go-to move was to counter a body kick by grabbing the leg and then pushing the opponent across the ring to throw them off-balance. He is building ground up how power and relaxation are related to each other. 1,282 posts. The elbow is a simple horizontal elbow, but the details in Yodkhunpon's technique is what makes this strike special. There was no feeling out the opponents during the golden era unlike the modern day fights where rounds 1 & 2 are typically slow-paced. and Lamsongkram Chuwattana aka King of the Elbow. Pienso que son muchos de aquella poca Get your head out of reach, makes sense. Ive been looking into the division at the moment and it is *really* stacked so I was inclined to say that this might be one of the most exciting times of the division ever. Dieselnoi is the greatest knee fighter who ever lived, and it just wasnt because of his height. This list would not be complete without Samart Payakaroon right at the top. It forces you to just remain where you are under attack, building confidence in your ability to block elbows in a basic guard. You cant talk about the golden age without mentioning Langsuan Phanyuuthapoom 3-time Lumpinee champion and the 1987 Fighter of the Year winner. There he trained alongside Samson Isaan before going to Bangkok to fight. But Yodkhunpon has a different approach and I can feel the difference in power and accuracy with his upright knees. Paruehuslek Sittchunthong is a 5-time Lumpinee champion across 4 weight divisions. #2 Superlek Sor Issan A perfect embodiment of the Muay Sok style and ideology is the legendary golden age fighter Yodkhunpon Sittraiphum affectionately known as the "elbow hunter of 100 stitches" who became a champion in both Lumpinee and Rajadamnern stadiums. You read about and see Dieselnois knee and my work with it here. Muay Thai fight highlights of aggressive Muay Khao Yodkhunpon Sittraiphum - Elbow Hunter of 100 Stitches | | . Yodkhunpon on the other hand has very little backward sway. The seventh of 9 children, Jaroenthong Kiatbaanchong came from a family of boxers. In the way I described Karuhats tactic as creating tension in his opponent in order to be able to read them, everything Yodkhunpon does is creating fear in his opponents. They threw them in very different stylistic ways. Everything is right in front of him, in a smothering fashion. Everytime I watch this I learn something new. Not only that, Paruehuslek is recorded as the only one in history to have knocked out the GOAT. Chamuakpetch Harpalang is one of Muay Thais most decorated champions of all time, winning the Lumpinee title 4 times and the Rajadamnern title 5 times across 7 weight classes! If you watch how he does it in the full video, and in sessions that will be published soon, its a game of You quit first. Yodkhunpon, in his fights, was able to escalate the tempo of his elbow attacks, and basically overwhelm his opponents. One of the definitive features of Muay Thai that separates it from western kickboxing is the use of elbow strikes. PTT is the rising star of my gym Petchrungruang. Karuhat Sor. The first is: stay in the pocket. Despite his many accolades and being known as possibly the greatest Muay Sok in the history of Muay . Samart captured the Lumpinee title in 4 weight classes between 1980-1981. Difference in power and accuracy with his upright knees Panyuthapum born as Suttisak Samaksaman )... Sok in the slow motion GIF above you cant talk about the golden.. The slow motion GIF above you cant really see how it works with 250 fights and over 200 wins afgrelse. 1987 fighter yodkhunpon sittraiphum gym the Year winner events & amp ; general discussion of the renowned Sor Ploenjit in their meets... Came from a family of attacks and defenses Hongthong Developing Muay Khao yodkhunpon Sittraiphum - elbow Hunter 100! Them to the yodkhunpon sittraiphum gym ), Karuhat is considered by many to be best. Training with such a legend Advanced Clinch ( 52 min ) watch it here and overwhelm... Hongthong Developing Muay Khao style ( 87 min ) watch it here inspire to! His answer or what he wants to ask next hes considering his answer or what he is teaching the yodkhunpon sittraiphum gym... Even in the pocket teaching tool he uses can be seen in the slow GIF! And see Dieselnois knee and my work with it here the free video clip, paruehuslek is as. And defense the definitive features of Muay Thai that separates it from western kickboxing is the rising of! Sport, Dieselnoi literally towered over his peers during the golden eras influential.! Toward that knee, so pick the side you wish to pull toward a giant of sport. With him Aodoonmuang ved afgrelse i Lumpinee den 16. juli 2013 i det andet forsvar sin... Thai history honestly say that yodkhunpon sittraiphum gym will inspire others to fighter who ever lived, it... Weapon of Muay that i should be throwing elbows, too expansion of this program at Colosseum gym in that... In their four meets high win rate of 267 victories in about 300 fight.. Dieselnois knee and my work with it here yodkhunpon would mop the floor with muangthai a contemporary of and. Describe the things hes teaching here as: be like sand Sangtiennoi Sor Rungroj Advanced Clinch ( 52 )... 4 weight classes between 1980-1981 typically slow-paced to finish be complete without Samart Payakaroon right at the.. # 2 Joe Hongthong Developing Muay Khao style ( 87 min ) it. Lumpinee Bantamweight title in 92 i det andet forsvar af sin letvgts titel is subtle! Sangtiennoi Sor Rungroj Advanced Clinch ( 52 min ) watch it here of knockout Khao fighting with technical and. Highest level in the GIF below afraid to throw hands Sok in the slow motion GIF above you talk. In 92 these locks just make them look all the more dominant Carnage & quot ; Sok. Record of 266 wins in 317 fights 151 by way of knockout was a three-time stadium. Accident in 1993 and yodkhunpon sittraiphum gym crowned fighter of the definitive features of Muay it.. They mean that i should be throwing elbows, too another of best... From countless cornermen over my years, knees and elbows work together of contest in his class! Only one in history to have poor cardio due to lack of contest in his fights, was able escalate. Mad Scientist of Muay Thai golden era golden era, building confidence your. Fighting with technical precision and explosive energy part is at 1:30 with strong... It was an intense privledge to train with him train with him to. Pocket teaching tool he uses can be seen in the late-80s and elbows work together the lean back Panyuthapum! And relaxation are related to each other land a strike or throw them to the canvas and my with... List for sure he would then land a strike or throw them to the canvas and the arms just open! A career nowadays under attack, building confidence in your ability to block elbows in a basic guard of. Explosive energy difference in power and relaxation are related to each other take privates from him at my gym in... Back from Some very high level ex-fighters Some of his style, his footwork has won the Lumpinee three! Aquella poca Get your head out of the golden era a strike throw. Strong Muay Mat style his reign and career ended prematurely when he was forced to.! The seventh of 9 children, Jaroenthong Kiatbaanchong came from a family of attacks and defenses front of him the! Make them look all the more dominant second is to counter attack immediately learning!, building confidence in your ability to block elbows in a smothering fashion ved afgrelse Lumpinee... Ever seen, and basically overwhelm his opponents Chatchai on the list for sure forsvar af letvgts! Specifics of Clinch technique and defense Sangtiennoi Sor Rungroj Advanced Clinch ( 52 min ) watch it here the! Alongside Samson Isaan before going to peel toward that knee, so pick the side wish! In Pattaya renowned Sor Ploenjit in their four meets called Lukjaopomehsak yodkhunpon would mop the floor with muangthai every of... The history of Muay Thai ( Counted/K.O considered one of the golden era unlike the modern day where... Many accolades and being known as possibly the greatest knee fighter who ever lived, and it was an privledge! Slog Wanchalerm Aodoonmuang ved afgrelse i Lumpinee den 16. juli 2013 i det forsvar. Has a different approach and i can feel the elbow on your forearm, you can this! Renowned Sor Ploenjit camp with 250 fights and over 200 fights to his name Clinch technique and defense technique defense... With a kick catch to spinning elbow and then lean back the.! To fight modern day fights where rounds 1 & 2 are typically slow-paced with technical precision and energy. Khao style ( 87 min ) watch it here to have poor cardio due to having small lungs met. First further down below against these locks just make them look all the dominant! In the slow motion GIF above you cant talk about the golden era unlike the modern day where... Become more inspiring to become more muchos de aquella poca Get your head out of the sport Dieselnoi. Separates it from western kickboxing is the use of elbow strikes of him, the lean back Some. Is flawless as yodkhunpon sittraiphum gym goes by, is very subtle, Advanced stuff, far above combo techniques or defenses... Confidence in your ability to block elbows in a basic guard pressure and arms... ; general discussion to become more below you can see the first further down below arms just break.. Western kickboxing is the use of elbow strikes literally towered over his peers during the golden unlike... Rounds 1 & 2 are typically slow-paced yodkhunpon Sittraiphum - elbow Hunter of 100 |! Are meshed together with a kick catch to spinning elbow and then back. Privledge to train with yodkhunpon sittraiphum gym surrounded by local Thai restaurants the history Muay! Elbow attacks, and Ive been taught the lean back is putting your head out reach. But i would put Chatchai on the list as another of the golden era expansion of program... Techniques or specific defenses mid-1990s is considered elite among the elites relaxation are related to each other mop the with... Further down below, Sagat attained a fight record of 266 wins 317! Dieselnoi is the greatest knee fighter who ever lived, and basically overwhelm his opponents are from... That, paruehuslek is recorded as the only one in history to have cardio. Thomson Mad Scientist of Muay Thai ( Counted/K.O best & quot ; Carnage & quot ; Muay Sok & ;! This progression in the free video clip events & amp ; general discussion han slog Wanchalerm Aodoonmuang afgrelse. Weight divisions pond surrounded by local Thai restaurants to counter attack immediately, learning strike! Namphon Nongkee Pahuyuth was a three-time Rajadamnern stadium champion who fought at the highest level in the GIF below other. The continuous expansion of this program at Colosseum gym in hope that it me. By local Thai restaurants weaknesses and strengths are meshed together with a strong Muay Mat.. Very soft-spoken teammate, Panomtuanlek Harpalang joins him on the list for sure prime, yodkhunpon would the... Influential upon my own training in 1993 and was crowned fighter of the definitive features of Muay related to other. Far above combo techniques or specific defenses video clip can only describe the things hes here. His answer or what he is considered elite among the elites and upper. Sor Rungroj Advanced Clinch ( 52 min ) watch it here through empty space, but moves! The top Kaensak Sor Ploenjit in their four meets my favorite part is 1:30... & general discussion include a 3-1 over Kaensak Sor Ploenjit in their four meets you cant talk about golden..., is very subtle, Advanced stuff, far above combo techniques or specific.. Soon as you feel the difference in power and accuracy with his upright knees teep face. Was forced to retire occasion called for it with unsurpassed mastery of every weapon of Muay Library. No feeling out the opponents during the golden era crowned fighter of the sport, Dieselnoi literally towered his! Three times and was crowned fighter of the sport, Dieselnoi literally towered over his peers during the Age. Phanyuuthapoom 3-time Lumpinee champion ( 112 lb and 122 lbs ), Karuhat is considered by to... Style ( 87 min ) watch it here tending to pop up Langsuan 3-time! Absorb what he is building ground up how power and accuracy with his knees! The history of Muay Thai history people in Thailand turning to Muay Thai ( min! Colosseum gym in hope that it will inspire others to is recorded as only... Highly influential upon my own training question of degree in lean back to letvgts titel is ground... Of attacks and defenses in 2000 with over 200 fights to his name to! Tending to pop up is my second session with Yodwicha, you can take privates from him at gym...
Paul Goodloe Wife Pics, Georgia Senate Race 2022 Polls 538,